When it comes to the battle against aging many people focus almost exclusively on the dermal approach, treating their skin to prevent aging, many other people utilize new and innovative technological techniques to recede the visual effect of the years. One area that often gets overlooked, but none the less important for aiding one involved in the struggle with aging, and making sure you are eating the proper foods. So, let’s take a look at the foods that are helping people reduce the aging process.
You Are What You Eat
We get out what we put into ourselves, so it only makes sense that our food affects not only us internally but also externally.
- Blueberries- Blueberries have shown to delay aging and promoting longevity. Research shows that the health benefits of blueberries focus on their cognitive benefits, protecting memory-associated regions of the brain from damage brought on oxidization and slowing age-related damage to brain cells.
- Dark Chocolate- Now do not get carried away and eat piles of dark chocolate, but you can eat dark chocolate and help slow down aging. Eating a small piece of chocolate with the highest percentage of cacao (70-90%) enough to slow the effects of aging.
- Nuts- Incorporating nuts into your diet can help prevent chronic diseases, such as cancer, cardiovascular disease, and cognitive decline. Some of the best nuts to eat to help with anti-aging include chestnuts, walnuts, and pecans.
- Figs- Figs are rich in flavonoids and polyphenols, which are responsible for substantial antioxidant properties that help prevent various of oxidative stress-related medical conditions.
- Salmon- A great fish to eat for health purposes in general, it also has significant amounts of astaxanthin, a super antioxidant and carotenoid known for its unique anti-aging benefits.
What to Avoid
Now where there are foods that you should eat that exist, there are also many foods that you should avoid due to their aging side effects. These include potatoes chips and French fries, doughnuts and sugary pastries, fatty meats, and alcohol. Now, these are not the only foods to avoid, but they are not the only ones.
Peace. Love. Med.
Here at Peace Love Med, we utilize the entire array of dermal fillers, as well as other facial rejuvenation treatments such as botox.
Our experts have a great deal of experience in administering these life-changing cosmetic injections, so you can always walk in and out of our clinic with confidence.
You can find us in the heart of East Boca at 64 S Federal Hwy, Boca Raton, FL 33432.
So why wait? If you feel like your face is sagging or that you need a bit more volume in your cheeks, then give us a call today!